Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Etre ou, ne pas etre, un Perse

Ayant lu, et revue une partie du film de Persepolis aujourd'hui, j'ai realize qu'une des choses les plus interessantes dans le livres, c'est le concept de les paralleles internationals. Ils existent partout et sont tres evident dans Persepolis. Notre perception de la beaute, nos emotions, notre sense de la famille, et bien beaucoup d'autre choses, sont tous des element qui reapparece dans les autres civilizations du monde.
Et bien voila, mon sujet pour le livre, cet concentration que Marjane Satrapi ait eu sur les rapport entre le monde Iranien et Europeen. En Autriche elle a demontree que les ados, etait desinteressee et hyper-sociable, et en Iran c'etait la meme histoire. Aussi, quand on evalue, le comportement des Etas-Unis et la Grande Bretagne enver l'Iran, c'etait aussi le meme cas.
So basically, She does a great job in showing the internationality of emotions and showing how Iran demonstrated them just as much as any other country, and I respect that.
It's this type of understanding that is all-too often looked over in America, and because of it, many of us have forgotten that people outside of this country are still people all the same. They live, love, and die like the rest of us, and that in itself is reason enough to keep this book to me.

2 comments:

  1. If there was a like button in Blogger, I would totally be spamming it right now. I LOVE that you wrote half of this in French. As a hopelessly monolingual person, it was a bit of a shock to start "reading" your post and realize (quickly, too) that I had no idea what was on the page. It is very true that it's easy to forget that the people around the world are just people too. For some reason, my mind dissociates them from reality at times, like it's a fictional novel or something. One thing I did notice about Persepolis though, was that it was very easy to put myself in her shoes, and I though that was brilliant.

    Excellent, creative post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I like the slideshow - Always entertaining when something random pops up. It always does.

    ReplyDelete