Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rendez-Vous

He likes to stare at me from afar, his eyes creating paths engraved in my skin. Why must I be here? It's far from being the cozy room I had in Boston, where all my friends are. There are no woods here, no singing birds, nor balmy weather, just a continuously barking dog and grey. There's so much grey. It's to think that all the green and blue in the world simply disappeared. My husband says we're meeting someone of importance, though he cares not to tell me who; but I don't care. I care for nothing now but my old room, why must I be here? I remember now that he'd managed to rupture the rope tying me to it, the one thing that kept me safe from everything else. I'm sure they'll come to get me soon now, for they've come overseas with me you see...I know they're here. John tells me to be quiet, I must go now, he doesn't like it when I write.
I've still no clear idea of where we are, although John keeps on telling me the location. His eyes pierce me more and more, every time he keeps on staring at me. His eyes like daggers. He surely must know that eventually I will bleed from it, but he does nothing to stop my pain. I hate him. I wish that he would go away, and give me back my yellow wall-paper and rope. I hate him. Does he not see that I will bleed soon? Does he not care? I hate him. Thankfully my friend will be here any moment. She is the only one that truly understands my pain. Once I get home I will show her the wallpaper, and she'll understand. She despises her husband too you see. Oh how I hate mine. He will not give me back the rope he cut off from me. Now I might have to go back out. I've been resolved to stay calm and still so as to not alarm him. He can't be aware of it.
The grey is finally uplifting, turning to a light red. Oh how pretty it all is, I'm sure you'd love it Jane, it's nothing like the stain yellow that I'm accustomed to. Every time I look over things get brighter and brighter, and I feel so peaceful. John's finally done it. His cold eyes look at me as if I were grotesque. He's found my writings now and I've not known how to react to his-- oh it's so beautifull now, the red's faded into pure white, and my shoulder hardly hurts anymore. I believe my friend should be coming any minute now, i'll be sad to leave, it's so gorgeous. I have but a minute to gather my thoughts and write them down for you. I'll be happy to present all this to you when I meet you, this has all been madness you know, just plain madness. And that dog won't quit barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment